The annual GGTU Banquet will be Friday, March 3rd in the same place as last year, the former Stage Store, next door to Jo-Ann Fabric in the Butte Plaza Mall. Hang out with other FishHeads, win great prizes, bring the kids and leave the babysitter at home. It’ll be a blast AND all the funds we raise, 100%, stay right here in SW Montana to help us have Cold, Clean, Fishable Water. It’s for the Fish. Not just a good idea, it’s the right thing to do. Buy Banquet Tickets here now to be assured you and your peeps get a seat. And just so you know, we sold out last year. Just saying.
Here’s a draft of the Live Auction. Key Items are Auction Items that, if you’re the successful bidder, come with a real live key. There are 5 Key Items. One of the 5 Keys opens a box that holds a Scott Radian 5w rod and a Nautilus reel. High end stuff. $1080 value. So, for instance, you really want to go on a guided trip with Jack Schoonen (thank you Jack) you’d want to seriously consider bidding on that item because you’d get a key and a 1 in 5 chance of winning the rod and reel. And……. It’s for the Fish! right?
2017 LIVE AUCTION
1. Fairmont Family Swim Pass – Donated by Fairmont Hot Springs/Steve Luebeck – Enjoy taking your family to our local and best hotsprings in SW Montana for a full year!
2. Blue Ribbon Outfitters Trip -KEY ITEM- A one day trip for two on the Bighole River with Jack Schoonen – This trip is depending on availability but Jack is the best guide on the river and won’t disappoint, PLUS the winning bidder get’s a 1 in 5 chance of winning a Scott Radian Rod and Nautilus Reel donated by Dr. Holley.
3. Echo 11’3” 4 wt Spey Rod/ Lamson Guru Reel with line/backing PLUS a free Lesson –Nothing but the best , this rod and reel is equipped with everything you need to Spey fish– Rod Sponsored by R and R Electric and the casting lesson donated by local guide and GGTU Secretary Forrest Jay.
4. Sawyer 9’ Square Top V Lam Shoal Cut Oars –Underwritten by Jaie’s Refrigeration – This year we have V Lam Shoal Cut Square top 9’ oars that row like a dream and look beautiful on their own!
5. Bitterroot Fishing Trip for 2 – Enjoy 2 days fishing, 1 night stay, 1 gourmet dinner, 2 lunches for you and a friend on the beautiful Bitterroot River. Includes everything but not gratuity.
**Trip swap with Bitterroot Chapter TU made possible by Great Divide Outfitters
6. Catch em’ALL 50 Dozen Flies and Guide Pac Fly Box – Flies donated by Catch Fly Fishing, Boxes underwritten by Dr. Bill Brennick
7. George Grant Shadow Box -KEY ITEM-Donated by GGTU – Sponsored by Todd Collins – Mr. George Grant is a legend here in SW Montana and what better way to honor him than being able to display this beautiful shadow box for a full year. In addition, the winning bidder gets a 1 in 5 chance at the Key Item – a Scott Rod and Nautilus Reel donated by Dr. Holley.
8. Park City Utah Trip– Donated by Ruth Lott– Enjoy 5 Days, 4 nights stay in this Private Deer Valley Condo. Explore Park City and Deer Valley spring, summer and fall 2017- Sleeps up to 8.
9. Yeti Cooler Full of Meat – Yeti 75 Cooler donated by Miles City Motel and Suites; Meat Donated by Rileys Meats – This year it’s bigger and better than ever with the best cooler known to man and the best meat cuts known to man…..what a country!
10. Fish Table and Chairs – Sponsored by Trademark Electric and McGrath Painting/Majestic Roofing – Accent any patio with this quant table with Dry Fly legs and Trout chairs. Perfect Café table to sit and reflect on fishing days gone by.
11. Worley Bugger Trip – Once again Steve Worley has donated a 1 day 2 person guided trip on the Yakima River. This is one not to pass up….beautiful scenery and outstanding fishing!
12. The Last 5 Boat Raffle Tickets -KEY ITEM- Donated by GGTU – Missed your chance at the boat? Here you go!! The last of 400 tickets gets you in our boat drawing 5 times AND get’s you a chance at our Key Item, a Scott Radian Rod with Nautilus Reel donated by Dt. Holley.
13. Winston Air 9’ 5# Rod and Bauer Reel– Sponsored by Water Environmental Tech. and St. James Urology Dr. Nathan Readal. – Winston’s newest and greatest creation the Winston Air is built off of a boron technology but it’s lighter and stronger yet sensitive. Complimented with a Bauer Reel that is non corrosive, 100% machined, seamless disc drag system and lifetime warranty!
14. Custom Rod Holder – Custom built by Rob Lee Construction- This one of a kind piece of art also has functionality, whether at your cabin, in your home or in your garage this is an essential piece of furniture that allows you to organize your rods and reels and showcases your collection.
15. Carp’N The MO– Missouri River Carp fishing trip hosted by Travis Morris – This is a Hosted trip and one that creates memories of a lifetime. Situated on Missouri below Toston you will learn the art of holding on for dear life as an 8 pound Missouri bone fish rips off line!
16. Doug Tate Photography Bighorn Photo -KEY ITEM- A 20” x 30” Canvas Photo Print donated by Doug Tate – Unbelievable attention to detail Doug captures moments that are truly unique. This canvas print is a full donation AND it gives the winning bidder a 1 in 5 chance at the Key Item, a Scott Radian Rod and Nautilus Reel donated by Dr. Holley.
17. Meriwether Metal Works Custom Metal Trout – Custom Made Trout from Dillon MT. – Travis Stufflebean always delivers beautiful and unique pieces of art. These one of kind metal and paint creations can accent any wall in your home or cabin.
18. Connie Reardon Original “Rainbow Trout”– One of kind Oil on Canvas donated by local artist Connie Reardon- Based on a photo by James Perkins this took 14 months to complete from start to finish with a lot of time off in between. This is the original canvas!
19. Mike Olinger Trip – Summer Steelhead/Sea Run Cutthroat guided fishing trip for two fishermen for two consecutive days on the Cowlitz River of SW Washington above and below Toledo, WA – August or September of 2017
20. “Big Hole Evening Reflection” Original – donated by Steve Luebeck – This is a 24”X36” infused photoart aluminum process; which is a new art medium that infuses dyes directly into specially coated aluminum sheets for stunning vibrancy.
21. 2 Tickets to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill + Hotel Room Belgrade+ $25 Town Pump gas Card – Sponsored by Montana Abstract and Title/ Room + gas donated by Town Pump. Enjoy floor seats on Saturday May 20th, 2017 in Bozeman at the Brick Breeden Field House knowing that you have a comfy room to stay in AND you didn’t have to pay for gas!!
22. CZ Over Under Shotgun – Perfect for birds or sporting clays – Sponsored by Dan Manson and All in One Construction – This is a rare 28 Gauge shotgun, perfect for all day skeet shooting, wing shooting and teaching young sportsmen and women how to shoot without the kick!
23. Rock Creek Cattle Company Sporting Clays – Donated by Rock Creek Cattle Co. – This is a rare opportunity for 4 people to enjoy sporting clays on a private course outside Deerlodge. The trip includes ammo and guns if needed!
24. Bryon Wilson 30” Steelhead Carving – Our local Olympic Bronze Metal skier not only kicks butt on the slopes but he also is exceptionally talented. These highly sought after carvings are one of a kind and this is no exception. The detail and accuracy of the fish and the beauty of the base make this a MUST HAVE!
25. Magic Diamond Liquor Basket -KEY ITEM- Donated by Magic Diamond Casino Butte. – This is your last chance to secure a key to win the Key Item, a Scott Rod and Nautilus Reel donated by Dr. Holley!
Can’t make it? Why not make a DONATION? It’s tax deductible, it’s the right thing to do, it’ll make you feel good and you’ll make a difference.